we’re discussing right here 10 exceptional OS for hacking with their little bit descriptions and facts, that you can investigate them out and download one that you just suppose is well accepted in your work. So have a appear on these OS below.
#1 Kali Linux
Kali Linux is one of the foremost popular operating system used by most of the Grey Hat Hackers. As mentioned the operating system is the Linux based OS which secures your privacy and also protects you from such vulnerabilities which that other OS have in them. So, Have a look at this OS.
Features Of Kali Linux
- Full Customization of Kali ISO’s
- The Kali Linux ISO of doom – a great example of the flexibility of live-build, and the types and complexity of customizations possible.
- Kali Linux Live USB persistence with LUKS encryption
- Kali Linux Full Disk Encryption
- Kali Linux on a Raspberry Pi and a bunch of other interesting ARM devices
Backtrack is the other foremost popular Linux based OS which is being used from few earlier years and great often called the source for network cracking and pen test which is also used to perform various network hacks with privacy.
Features Of Backtrack
- One-stop-shop for all of your security needs
- Metasploit for integration
- Wi-Fi drivers supporting monitor mode and packet injection
- Cisco OCS Mass Scanner, a very reliable and fast scanner for Cisco routers to test default telnet and enabling password.
- A large collection of exploits as well as more commonplace software such as browsers.
Pentoo is also known as the best OS for hackers and hacking that’s just in the form of are living CD. In this, you just must create a bootable USB of this OS after which with no trouble boot on your pc and there’s no requirement to install it, you simply need to run it for your computer and do hacking attacks.
Features Of Pentoo:
- Available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, the latter having a significant speed increase from 32bit
- Includes the required environment to crack passwords using GPGPU with OpenCL and CUDA configured ‘out of the box‘
- Built on hardened Linux, including a hardened kernel and toolchain
Hardened kernel with extra patches.
The another good operating system that every pentester would love to try out on their PC. This OS is being developed after the great necessity of many things that were not present in another Linux based OS.
Parrot Security is an operating system based on Debian GNU/Linux mixed with Frozen box OS and Kali Linux, In order to provide the best penetration and security testing experience for the attackers and security testers. It is an operating system for IT security and penetration testing developed by the Frozenbox Dev Team.
Features Of Parrot Security:
- Custom hardened Linux 4.3 kernel, rolling release upgrade line Linux 4.3 kernel, rolling release upgrade line
- Custom Anti-Forensic tools
- Custom interfaces for GPG
- Custom interfaces for crypt setup
- “Forensic” boot option to avoid boot automounts
- Most famous Digital Forensic tools and frameworks out of the box
#6 Network Security Toolkit (NST)
The another best OS for security testing which comes in the form of Live CD and you can directly boot on your computer and you can easily run this OS on your PC and do various hacks on your PC.
Features Of NST:
- Many tasks that can be performed within NST are available through a web interface called NST WUI
- Visualization of ntopng, ntop, Wireshark, traceroute, NetFlow and kismet data
#7 Arch Linux
Arch Linux is a Linux distribution for computers based on IA-32 and x86-64 architectures. It is composed predominantly of free and open-source software and supports community involvement.
Features Of Arch Linux:
- Arch Linux uses its own Pacman package manager, which couples simple binary packages with an easy-to-use package build system.
- The minimal Arch base package set resides in the streamlined [core] repository.
- Arch Linux uses a “rolling release” system which allows one-time installation and perpetual software upgrades.
- Arch strives to keep its packages as close to the original upstream software as possible.
BackBox is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution penetration testing and security assessment oriented providing a network and information systems analysis toolkit. And this OS also provides you the privacy and vulnerable free environment.
Features Of Backbox:
- BackBox has built one of the very first cloud platforms for penetration testing.
- Designed to be fast, easy to use and provide a minimal yet complete desktop environment.
- BackBox is fully automated and non-intrusive, with no agents required and no network configuration changes required to accomplish regularly scheduled, automated configuration backups.
- With the BackBox dashboard overview, you save time and eliminate the need to track individual network devices
After the release of backtrack 5 this OS is being developed and is now one of the best OS used for pen testing and network cracking and it is based on a Linux distribution. Must try out this OS.
Bugtraq is a distribution based on GNU/Linux aimed at digital forensics, penetration testing, Malware Laboratories, and GSM Forensics and is one of the best choices of attackers.
Features Of Bugtraq:
- Bugtraq system offers the most comprehensive distribution, optimal, and stable with automated services manager in real time.
- Kernel generic of 3.2 and 3.4 available in 32 Bits & 64 Bits has a huge range of penetration, forensic and laboratory tools.
- The systems are available in 11 different languages
- It has tools like mobile forensic tools, malware testing laboratories, tools of the Bugtraq-Community, audit tools for GSM, wireless, Bluetooth and RFID
So above are the Best OS For Hackers. Must try out any of these OS on your PC if you love hacking. Hope you like this article, share this with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.